Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spelling Bee Outcome . . .

Moran Spelling Bee Kids!


Mrs. Martinez and Landon.

Us!

Me and my Emmie!

My Mom and Emma before Bee.

Landon eating lunch before Spelling Bee.

Kevin and Savannah having lunch.

Kiddo's after the Bee.

Jordan Christian Academy Spellers!


As you know, the kids went to the ACSI District Spelling Bee this past Friday. Kevin took off work and my mom also joined us since we had three kids in the "Bee" this year. I ended up being a hostess in the third grade room. This is the first time I have done that, but the Spelling Bee runs by having teachers and parents judge and do what I did. At least I was able to be in the same room with my Emmie.

This Bee was rough! I have never seen so many kids participating. The average has always been 23 or so per grade but this year, Savannah had 30 and Emma and Landon's class had close to that. We didn't set any records this year but I am proud all the same. They worked hard to get there and they did their best. I can't ask for more. Landon thinks he finished about 8th although Kevin said it was more like 18th, LOL. I was worried he would be very upset but he took it pretty well. He did get a Rice Crispy treat at the end so I am sure that helped soothe the pain. Emma made it about halfway and Savannah got to 5th, which is not too shabby at all. She forgot the "g" in poignancy. Go Moran kids! I am so proud and Daddy is too!

Our weekend was good and I am catching up on things this week. Seems like I have a lot of little piddly things to do. I am chomping at the bit to get to my jewelry but so far try as I might, it is not happening quite yet. Mommy and wife first, you know?

Anyway, I was never so happy to throw the Spelling Bee lists away. I have had enough . . . at least until next year!

Have a great week!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment