Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Off to the Bee . . . the Spelling Bee that is!

January 2008 ACSI Spelling Bee

January 2007 ACSI Spelling Bee

January 2006 ACSI Spelling Bee

January 2005 ACSI Spelling Bee


Well, Friday is the ACSI District Spelling Bee ( Association of Christian Schools International)once again. This will be Savannah's 6th year, Emma's 2nd and Landon's first year. This is quite an honor, but let me tell you, it is a lot of work too! We have been studying our brains out over here at the Moran household. Goodness gracious, have you ever heard of some of these words: vicissitude, sommelier, blitzkrieg???? And trust me, there are plenty more like it on Savannah's 6th grade list. There are going to be 20 plus kids per grade from all over the district; the best spellers from their respective schools. Can you say stress? I usually sit and smile at my kids, praying that they do well. Meanwhile, my palms are sweating and my stomach is in giant knots. So if you happen to be thinking of us this Friday, please wish us well and say a little prayer! I'll update you on the outcome.
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I'll be saying a prayer for their success! And for you all to relax and enjoy yourselves. No matter what....you are all winners in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers here too. I hope everyone does well and feels they did their best (winning is nice too). Keep us posted!

    janet

    ReplyDelete