Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Grandma's Green Bean Casserole . . .


Nope, it is not my grandma's, but I found this recipe and the reviews were all excellent. So, since I am in charge of the green bean casserole this year, I decided to give this one a go!

We are planning to share Thanksgiving with family, at my sister's house this year. Thanksgiving just might be my favorite holiday. This time of year really makes me count my blessings because truthfully, they are many. Not to say my life is perfect, but I have to be thankful for what I do have.

I feel like I haven't been home for about three weeks now with all of the running around I have been doing. I suppose that many of you are feeling the same. Holiday time always seems to be like that for me. How about for you?

So here is the recipe - if you make it, let me know what you think!

GRANDMA'S GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 cup sour cream
3 (14.5 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crumbled buttery round crackers
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, and cook for one minute. Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. Add green beans, and stir to coat.
Transfer the mixture to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Spread shredded cheese over the top. In a small bowl, toss together cracker crumbs and remaining butter, and sprinkle over the cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden and cheese is bubbly.

Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 215
Total Fat: 16.4g
Cholesterol: 45mg
Sodium: 832mg
Total Carbs: 9.5g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
Protein: 7.8g

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment