Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Bloggy!

Happy July 1st! I can hardly believe it! How do you like the new look? I have some pictures to change and add, and a few things to do but it sure is better than the plain blue I had. You can have Jennisa can make you a blog too. You might want to get on her waiting list now because she sure is busy, but worth the wait! Her button is to the right, just scroll down a bit and you can click onto her website.

Since 4th of July is almost here, I thought I would add a recipe for you. I hope you like it. If you make it, let me know what you think. It is my grandma's recipe and truthfully, I have never tasted a better cheesecake.



Mama Sandidge's Cheese Pie

Crust:

6 whole graham crackers crushed, add ½ C. sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, ¼ C. melted butter. Mix and shape all ingredients into a deep pie plate.

Filling:

Smooth 12 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, add ½ C sugar, and 2 eggs. (I use my mixer to cream until smooth.) Pour into pie shell. Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool about 1 hour, and then add:

Top Filling:

1 pint (2 cups) sour cream, 3 Tbs. sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix and spread on top of the filling. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. ( It may seem underdone but it won’t be.) Chill in fridge and enjoy!

Note: You may need up to ½ C. of melted butter. Add butter until crust handles and shapes well.


If I don't blog before then, have a wonderful (and safe) July 4th!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm the first person to comment on your new blog! I LOVE, LOVE your new blog design:)) Change is always good from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jackie! I appreciate that and it was something I had wanted to do for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete