Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Living Gluten-Free


We are on our 4th week of living gluten-free. Landon is actually gluten, dairy and egg free, and I am gluten and dairy free. I feel much better - my stomach is thanking me! Landon can eat now without coughing and choking. He also no longer snores at night and he says he runs faster! :) I have noticed that his tonsils are a lot smaller, which is fabulous, especially since the doctors were talking about taking them out.

I owe a lot of our new found good health to Dr. Ortiz at the Live Well Clinic. She has been amazing at getting down to the root of our problems. I have come to realize that for our family at least, a more natural approach is best. I do think that "regular" doctors are also needed at certain times; just not for everything. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am because of the difference she has made in Landon's little life. I know there would for certain be a tonsillectomy in his future otherwise.

I am learning a lot about "what not to eat", and every day gets a little easier "living without". I have also found that there are many gluten-free offerings even in restaurants, grocery stores, etcetera, and that is a really good thing!

If any of you have any gluten-free questions, please ask. I would love to be helpful if I can. I have had several friends come along side me and show me the ropes. It is a good thing!

Have a great week,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment