Sunday, January 18, 2009

Word . . .



Word . . . what word is yours? Mine is "trust". I have chosen trust for a lot of reasons although there are a lot of words that could apply to my life. I chose trust because I need to daily rely on my Heavenly Father to see me through the good and the bad. If I can trust Him, then I no longer have to worry to the same degree that I would otherwise. I'm not saying that I never worry because my human nature still comes through, but I worry less and rely on God more. Rely, hmmmmm . . . maybe that would be another good word for me. How about you? What is the word that fits you?

Leave me a comment and I will draw a winner Monday, January 26th. The winner will receive a "Your Word" necklace, personalized with your own special word. Tell me your "word", and why!

8 comments:

  1. Patience - something I definitely need a reminder for on a daily basis.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is definitely Hope. I saw a picture of my youngest daughter on a website for Hope Foster Home in China two years ago. She was not available for adoption and all kinds of new regulations made very door we approached close. We went to our agency, other agencies and my husband flew to Beijing to appeal to our local contacts. We watched every month go by but we were resolute that it was only a matter of time before China and everyone in between could know what we knew! 13 long months later - we received word that YES she would be ours and seven more long months later we held her in our arms! I never once gave up hope - Hope gave her care, Hope kept us going and Hope finally delivered her to our arms!

    So Hope is definitely my word. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have 2 words and they go hand in hand, faith and believe. You must always have faith and always believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word, obviously, to me anyway... is FAITH! Yes, Faith is definitely the "assurance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen". It is the name of my daughter, who although I couldn't see her, and I didn't spend 9 months carrying her... I took a "journey" in Faith to get her from China. She is my evidence of what Faith truly is. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word is "Miracle. I have been surrounded by so many of God's miracles that of coarse that's that word that comes to mind. Plus God will be blessing my family with another little miracle in a couple of weeks:) - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Michelle. Cool update on the blog. I like that. Thanks for the Ladybug update too with pics. As far as my word....I would have to say it's Grace....I give a lot and get a lot. Plus it's my middle name!

    love ya oodles...miamoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freedom! I love the necklace! My word would be freedom because that is what I feel ever since I met Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete