Saturday, March 21, 2009

Finally . . . Landon's Birthday Weekend Update


Landon's Class Birthday Party at Jordan Christian Academy




Eating "Pupcakes". (Note to self: no more black frosting.)



Landon and Mrs. Martinez (his 1st grade teacher.)


Mommy, Landon and Daddy

I guess I got busy this week. I had been planning on getting all of the pictures from Landon's birthday off of my camera this past week but it never came to be. Finally, here they are! Friday, March 13th, I brought some "Pupcakes" to Landon's class. I made them myself after I let Landon choose which ones he wanted from a cupcake book. I kind of wondered what I was getting myself into but it didn't end up being too challenging and well, we will do anything for our kids, won't we?

At the Aquarium of the Pacific

Baby Jelly Fish (they were so cute!)


Did you know that Sea Jellies don't have a heart or a brain and are made up of 90% water?


This crab seemed to be posing for his picture!


The Weedy Sea Dragons were amazing, and beautiful too.


The Sea Horses were amazing. I think I could have watched them all day!


We also saw Sea Turtles . . .


We saw Sea Lions . . .



Silly Sea Otters . . .



and not-so-silly sharks.


There were shark eggs and you could see the baby sharks growing inside. I found this to be absolutely fascinating.




The Lorikeets were gorgeous. Their coloring was so vibrant. I was told that they lived on an all liquid fruit diet. That is what gives them their amazing coloring.



Emma was the only one brave enough to hold a Lorikeet. I can't really blame her because they all have different personalities. Some of them are funny and cute, but some of them are cranky. We saw one draw blood on one poor lady. (We weren't holding that one!)




We had such a great day . . .


Water play . . .


And Landon even got to bring home his own shark. What fun we had!


Saturday, March 14th, we went to the aquarium in Long Beach. That was a lot of fun. We saw a lot of great sea creatures and animals. (Landon even brought home a shark!)


Landon and Grandpa were born on the same day, just a few years apart though. :)



Family Picture - (no I'm not in there, I was behind the camera, not in front of it.)


Happy Birthday big 7 year old! You'll never know how much Mommy loves you but I will always keep trying to show you! xox


March 15th was the actual birthday. Landon turned 7 and my dad turned . . . well let's just say that he is older than 7. Our family met some of the other parts of our family for lunch. Nothing too fancy. We did the "fancy" stuff on Saturday. Landon also got a little desk for his room. All-in-all, he had a great weekend doing all of the things that he loves.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely fun outing! How did that little one grow so quickly.

    Have a great afternoon.

    J

    www.teensandtriplets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete