Friday, March 13, 2009

Pupcakes . . .


So these are the cupcakes I made for Landon's school birthday party today. Can anyone tell what kind of dogs they are supposed to be? Well if you have the book, "Hello Cupcake!", then you can easily find out! Last year I bought the "Hello Cupcake!" book with the idea that I wanted to start a new tradition by baking fun and unique cupcakes for the kids to share with their class at school on their birthdays. Since Landon's birthday comes first, I let him pick whatever cupcake theme he wanted, and this is what he chose. The recipe wasn't too bad actually and I found most of my supplies at Walmart the other morning. I was surprised at the many wonderful Wilton baking supplies they had. I don't often go to Walmart because I am more of a Target shopper but I was hoping that they would have black food coloring and they did! (Not to mention all of the other baking goodies I bought.) I did learn that to make black, you really need to start with chocolate frosting. This was something I didn't do, so my black looks a little more purple. I also bought the big tub of Wilton decorating icing that was already prepared. I am so glad I did that because I used a lot of icing and it saved me tons of time. All I had to do was add the cake food coloring. I also baked the cupcakes a day before and I am thankful that I did that too! It was a huge time saver last night. As it was, I was up till about 11:30 decorating the cupcakes after the kids had gone to bed. I really wanted these to be a surprise for my sweet almost 7 year old so I hope that he likes them.

I will snap some pictures at school of the party this afternoon. Of course I will share those later. :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. How cute are they?! Reminds me of my sweet Oreo - but do tell, what breed are they?

    Jan

    P.S. Happy B-Day Landon - I cannot believe that baby is 7 now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jan, they are Westies! Thank you for the birthday wishes for my sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete