Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer Vacation Begins


I can take a nice, slow breath of air. All of the school year craziness is gone (for now), and we can relax and have a little bit of fun! Yesterday the kids all got out of school early and our day was filled with fun! The kids had a pool party with their friends which included swimming, writing on their own t-shirts, and root beer floats - yummy! Then we headed over to Linda's house to eat some pizza, do a little bit of scrapbooking and I left Savannah overnight to do her first real babysitting gig all by herself this morning for a little bit of time so that Linda could run. What happened to my baby girl? She grew up so fast this past year. They all have. I am noticing how tall Landon is getting and his baby cheeks that I love to smooch on so much are going away. Besides that, he now only lets me smooch on him in private. Emma still gets kissy with me but she is looking more like a colt, with her ever-growing legs.


One day the summers won't be as fun anymore, and there will no longer be any "school days", so I figure I better enjoy the ones we have. Everyone I know who has teenage or adult kids tells me to enjoy this time because it goes so fast. I am going to listen to their advice, because it is true, so very true.


Have a wonderful summer everyone!


Big Hugs,


Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment