Thursday, October 7, 2010

Eating Gluten-Free







Tonight Landon said that eating gluten-free is kinda hard, but kind of easy too. Sometimes it is challenging for me not to feel bad for my little boy. At times there are foods such as pizza or cupcakes that are brought into school and he has to turn them down. The teacher has special gluten-free treats in her desk that he can have during those times, but my mommy heart just wants to cry for him sometimes.


Tonight we had homemade tostadas (fried in expeller-pressed canola oil), smashed pinto beans, organic ground beef, shredded romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado (for me), sliced black olives, and yummy chipotle salsa from Fresh & Easy. I thoroughly enjoyed watching my family eat those tostadas in record time - especially Landon, because he enjoyed them SO much, and that is such an important thing.

Tonight before bed, Landon whispered his request for tomorrow night, "Mommy, can we have chili with cornbread?" (I noticed that he didn't ask for the salad that I make him eat along with said meal. :) I am glad he is finding things that he likes. It warms my heart and makes my efforts all worthwhile.

Happy Friday - I am so glad it is here!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment