Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's Official . . . Soccer Season Has Begun!

Emma - soccer player #3 (The Robins)

Emma on the field!

Landon ready to kick one! (The Mountain Lions)

Landon throwing the ball in. (Coach Daddy is right behind him.)




It is official and I have a slight sunburn to prove it. (And yes, I was sitting under an umbrella most of the time, and I DID wear my sunscreen.) The sunburn was worth it because the games were good!

Landon played first. Kevin is coaching his team this year and they are called "The Mountain Lions." Cool, huh? They even get to do a little growling. What 7 or 8 year old boy doesn't like that? The parents seems nice, and the kids played great. So great that they won their first soccer game by a land slide. This is Landon's second year and he was a little more aggressive, which is wonderful because by nature, he is not an aggressive boy. Go Landon!

Emma's game was next, and she plays for "The Robins" this year. This is extra special since her aunt (my sister) is named Robin. Em played well too. I was initially a little worried since she was at a slumber-party the night before, barely got any sleep and was running on pure sugar. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Em was much more aggressive this year also. Go Emma! She even made a goal. Things are off to a very good start!

The weather was gorgeous, which was a huge bonus. Last year they played in 100 plus degree weather and it was not easy (or fun) for any of them. I am looking forward to many more of their games. I will be the mom on the sideline, snapping pictures and making lots of noise. Yep, a true soccer mom.

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment