Thursday, September 17, 2009

Small things . . .


Today I am pausing to appreciate the small things. (It seems to be a common theme in my life lately - something I try to do often.) Butterscotch is one of those small things. He is always there, putting a smile on my face. He has never asked for much, just my gentle touch, a bit of cuddling and tenderness. For that, he brings our whole family great joy.

I guess I have an extra-tender spot in my heart for this little dog who touched our lives just a little over a year ago. He has overcome many obstacles, and still he stands strong, fighting all the way.

His journey had been long. I don't know how many dog years that he will be in our lives but I treasure every minute that this sweet companion chooses to give us.

What small thing do you appreciate today?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment