Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day Back to School!

The kids at Jordan Christian Academy on the first day of school.

Savannah - 12 years old, starting 7th grade.

Emma - 9 years old, starting 4th grade.

Landon - 7 years old, starting 2nd grade.

Walking off to school . . .

My big boy. I think this is such a sweet picture of him.

Savannah and her friends!

Emma and her friend.

Landon walking into his class.

Savannah claims that she hates when I come into her class to take pictures, until I told her that I wouldn't this year! (I guess she likes it after all.)

Emma and her teacher, Mrs. Goff.

Landon in his class.

Landon couldn't wait to get back to school.


The kids started school Tuesday and it has been so quiet. Back to homework, making lunches every night, and going to bed early. Basically, back to routine. I'm not sure I was quite ready for it yet. This year the summer seemed to fly by. I almost feel like summer never happened, except for the hot and humid weather we are still having. That I am DONE with!

The house is quiet and I am still trying to decide what to do with myself. Not that I don't have enough to do, mind you. I am just trying to do it all in a more organized way. I am still figuring that part out and giving myself a little rest this week.

I also decided to spend some time working on me. That means exercising and dieting. Not just a temporary "diet", but something I can pretty much live with for life. I have been reading and researching and am on the South Beach Diet as of this week. I will let you all know how it goes. The first two weeks are very low carbs. In a few weeks I can add in some fruit and healthy grains. I am a carb lover but I need a change, for my health. And the bad carbs are well, just bad. I am looking forward to the results. So far it is pretty easy, with a few carb withdrawals which I expect will stay with me for about a week. Funny but I have never wanted to read "The South Beach Diet" because I didn't like the name. It just sounded too trendy. But it is a good eating plan; easy and healthy.

For now I guess I am going to enjoy the quiet . . . and get poor Juan (our computer guy) to help me with my computer, AGAIN! There seem to be a lot of problems with it right now. I can't send or receive any emails, nor can I get on my website, among other things. I am crossing my fingers as I think my computer might be getting near the end. We'll see. So, if I don't get back to you right away, you know why. And I will, just as soon as I can.

Have a great Thursday!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment