Thursday, September 3, 2009

Little Miss Seamstress

C. Sharp Sewing Camp.

Practicing on paper.

Bernina -the "King" of all sewing machines.

A very proud and happy girl!


She sewed Landon a lamb pillow because she knows how much he loves lambs.

Mrs. Carol Sharp and Emma.

Sewing her first purse.

Stuffing a pillow that she made for Madeline's 1st birthday.

Emma's 1st patchwork quilt!


This summer Emma had the opportunity to take some sewing classes at C. Sharp in Palm Desert. Em has been wanting to sew for awhile now so I was determined to make it happen. Through the years, we have been exploring different things, but nothing quite "fit" who she was. Apparently sewing for Emma is what water is to a fish - a perfect, and necessary match. I know I had tears in my eyes on several occasions when I went to pick her up. I was, and still am amazed at the things she has done.

Emma spent 4 weeks at sewing camp, which was 4 days a week, for 2-1/2 hours a day. She started off by sewing a bookmark and quickly moved on to pillows, purses, tissue covers, stuffed animals and her very first quilt. I am so proud.


Emma has decided that she wants to keep sewing, so she will go once a week. Her Christmas list is extensive, but she wants to sew for everyone this year. Of course she has decided that she needs a Bernina sewing machine for Christmas, just like the one she uses in class! Anyone who is a serious seamstress knows that this is the king of all sewing machines, which also comes with a steep price tag. (Maybe not this year, sweetie.)

I am just happy that she has found something that she loves to do, and does well. I can't wait to see everything that she creates and I know that I will be dumbfounded each and every time!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment