Monday, April 13, 2009

A full heart . . .


Today was our first day of spring break. We had decided to *maybe* see a movie but there wasn't much out there worth seeing so the kids and I decided to go to lunch and head over to the Christian book store. They all brought their money which had been mostly earned through their chores. All of them had decided that they wanted to get paid at the beginning of each month so that it would seem as if they had more money then if they were paid weekly. The kids also tithe and save on their earnings. We are trying to teach them to be good stewards of their money.

It touched my heart when I was presented with the little glass angel from Emma and the cross birthstone necklace from Landon. I had a lump in my throat as I received their gifts of love. Gifts from money that was hard earned by each of them. I knew that they had spend every last penny on me. Money that I wish they had kept for themselves. And yet I am completely humbled by their unselfish attitudes; it is a reminder to be more like them.

My heart is full.

xo,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment