Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rip Hole


So not too long ago we were at home eating dinner, talking about how even when Landon is at his own wedding, we will be telling him to slow down and chew his food WELL! He seems to have a low gag reflex and he coughs a lot when he eats. Part of it is due to how fast he feels he needs to get the food down his throat but I think part of it is because he was intubated (spelling?) as a newborn before his heart surgery. He used to throw up a lot when he was eating and we got used to it when we were dining out, although the other diners I am sure, did not. I used to just love the way Kevin would actually try to catch the "throw up" in his hands as it was hurling at rapid speed out of Landon's mouth. Huh? I never did quite understand that! Those moments are fortunately few and far between now although I have learned the hard way NOT to give Landon salmon or nuts.

Anyway, as we were eating at the table, Landon said that we would be telling him to chew slower until he was in his "rip hole". "Rip hole", I said? "What is that?" Well come to find out, he was talking about the hole his body would be put in when he dies. Ahhhh, I get it now. He thought it was called a "rip hole". After all, we have all seen the tomb stones, especially around Halloween that say R.I.P. right? Okay, so that was funny and goodness-gracious, I hope none of us are put into our "rip holes" anytime soon. Kids say the funniest things, don't they? I am still chuckling to myself over that one.

xo,

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Kids say the funniest things sometimes. But they say what they hear and it makes sense to them - lol.

    Mike and I always call those TCTC moments - too cute to correct.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, both of you. I love the TCTC moments.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete