Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday . . .

It's Monday . . . Happy Martin Luther King Day! For most of us, that means the banks are closed, the post office is closed, and our kids are home from school today.

I also decided to NOT go to the gym bright and early this morning. I have no guilt and am glad I made that decision. Sleeping in has become a luxury for me and sometimes we need to allow ourselves those little luxuries. I did get a facial this morning and it was so yummy! I highly recommend them once in awhile.

I am in my third week of Paleo and feeling good. I have learned that if I don't prepare, I will possibly run into trouble. Saturday night I went to see a movie with Kevin. The problem is that I was hungry because we didn't have time to eat beforehand and the popcorn smell was definitely calling my name. I didn't answer  the call, but I was feeling kinda grumpy. It is a good idea to have some trail mix, plain nuts or jerky in the car . . . for those "just in case" moments that will inevitably pop up.

I am not yet down on my weight, but I feel lighter. Body composition is supposed to be one of those things that changes pretty quickly. Mainly I keep thinking about the health benefits. As a society, something has "got to give". Right now it is our health - but more on that later.

I am off to have a little fun with the kids. I hope you are doing the same. Back to the grind tomorrow. Enjoy the day!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment