Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Nephew Ryder . . .



I was blessed yesterday because I was able to spend the whole day with my 14 year old nephew, Ryder.  Every year, I take him and his two siblings out  for the day to do a little birthday shopping and whatever else we might want to do, or are able to fit into our "day out" time frame.  I look forward to it so much because we get one-on-one time, which is a precious and rare commodity.  I know  because I have the same  challenges with my own three kids.  The bad part about yesterday is that his birthday was in August so quite a lot of time had elapsed.  Fortunately, kids are forgiving in that regard.

This blond haired cutie just brings so much joy to my heart.  Not only is he blond and handsome, but he has a heart that is golden.  It is tender, sweet, and kind.  He loves God and loves little children. In fact, he plans on having quite a few when he is an adult - some adopted.  The highlight of yesteday was when I asked him what kind of music he likes and he said he liked oldies music.  I asked, "like in the 80's?"  He said, "yes".  Lol.  He did add that I  am  NOT old, but he just wasn't born in the 80's, so it was old to him.  Gotta love him, I sure do!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment